This podcast was released at February 27th, 2021 at 3:00 AM Eastern Time Zone, as the Moon is perfectly Full. (For show notes and podcast audio, scroll down, down, down…)
Our guest today is Efren Lopez.
Podcast Audio to Download –
Hurdy Gurdy Cafe Season 2 Episode 1
Featured Music: Can Vei La Lauzeta Mover · Els Trobadors
1) How was Efren Lopez introduced to the Hurdy Gurdy?
2) Where and when did the sound of early music develop?
3) How does Efren Lopez feel when he plays music?
4) How does the Queen of Spain feel about Efren’s music?
5) How powerful is the Hurdy Gurdy?
6) What was Efren Lopez’s first hurdy gurdy?
7) How does Efren Lopez approach recording with the Hurdy Gurdy?
8) What do fretless double neck guitars and E-bows have in common?
Featured Music: Black Os – Tiennet – Patrick Bouffard
9) Who influenced Efren Lopez the most?
10) What are Efren Lopez’s favorite instruments?
11) What is a fretted hurdy gurdy?
12) Is there a fretted nerdy gurdy hurdy gurdy?
13) What is Efren’s favorite hurdy gurdy tuning?
14) What is Efren’s advice to beginning to play the hurdy gurdy?
15) What was Efren’s experience with the Queen of Spain?Featured Music: Hedningarna – Polska efter Olof Tillman
Special thanks to Sergio Gonzalez (https://www.zanfoneando.com/) and Efren Lopez (https://www.efrenlopez.net/instruments/).